Monday 20 February 2012

10 Years

Its been 10 years and memories don't die,
10 long years and still i see children cry,
that man`s face is still etched in my memory ,
still i see my 10 years younger self cry.

Cuddled in the comforting arms of my mother,
asking her
who is that person in the T.V mother?
why doesn't he fells sorry mother, why?

A thousand questions build up and i look at her scared face,
I turn to my father and ask him,
If the people in orange clock will turn up at our door steps next?

No son , my father replied we are miles away,
But i wanted to tell him I knew of a man who also wears that orange cloak,
and gives us sweets when we play near the streets,

I make up my mind that i will never strike again the bells that hung in his corridors,
or play in his street,
what if he also turns into one of those lunatics who turn their dagger with that angry glee.

 We are miles away father, you just said so
then why are you calling the numbers of relatives
who must be miles away from warm too?

My mother still doesnt answer
and clinches my sister more securely in her arms,
and still i don't understand why the person in the T.V sees he has done no harm.

Still fearful I ask my mother if I could go to the school next day,
to which she shouted that she loves me a lot to let me go free.

And 10 years have passed and memories still don`t die,
whenever I am away , my mother asks without asking ,
if i met any harm in the way.

10 long years and i still see children cry,
and still i ask ,
why the man in T.V doesn't feel sorry mother, Why???  
 


   

2 comments:

  1. Beneath the orange cloak and face scarred,
    Beneath the orange cloak resided a loving heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a loving heart i know,
      but situations lets worms grow,
      for a small child is not able to distinguish
      for who might had been a saint ,
      Satan he believes him..

      Delete