Thursday 9 May 2013

Shadow





See that morning sun,
those birds that chirp away
Till their sound die
I will be your shadow standing near.

Whenever you smile
Laughter is in the air
when you look back
dearth will stare back dear.
It will choke your voice,
shadow of your past reflected in your big eyes
Because I will be standing there.

Shouting out to the world you don’t remember,
Like the dying candle your love has flickered away,
to be replaced by a new blaze of passion?
Don’t tell the world,
Tell your heart
because in some obscure corner
my shadow resides there.

They say you have a heart of stone,
instead of a pulsating piece of flesh
a steel cage is stored.
But the last time I saw,
those muscles beat my name?
So have you exchanged,
All the love in the world
for hate, much more than you can take?

With each gulp of air
or swig of water you take
I will be standing there,
mocking you dear.
Don’t try and turn back
as the past you had burned with your words
It`s decays lie there.

The void that your mind had, unfulfilled
My shadow had succeeded in fulfilling.
But now I have been sucked into this stormy night
flying without wings and means
flying in this endless vast sky
which is slowly turning crimson and dry.
I am closer to the sun now,
it has magnified my shadow
it will engulf you,
and everyone for whom you die.

I had fashioned a goddess,
A goddess from clay,
which I revered as gold,
but slowly, sadly it has started to decay.
I take away my gold,
and leave the clay for other mortal to play,
I take away the luminescence,
but the shadow stays.
In the dark corner where the clay goddess stays,
My shadow still prevails.







12 comments:

  1. Bloody brilliant !! This is the best i hv read from you so far.. like it came straight from the heart...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you know dude....it did come straight from the heart

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous..poignant...revealing the depths of your heart, some dark corners and a lot more....brilliant composition...indeed when she looks back, the dark shadows of her past will scare her heart..and engulf her present ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot
      the world just remembers that dark has risen , no 1 can remember how it came to it....was there a morning before???

      Delete
    2. Amazingly superb......one of ur best i have read !!!

      Delete
    3. Thnks..
      I like especially da last stanza 😊

      Delete
  3. I don't think that I even have half the courage and understanding required to give mu views on something such poignant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I m happy u dont have da understandng for this....such poignant matters shouldnt touch any1

      Delete
  4. The best one so far!!
    Gave me goosebumps!
    The poem moves right in front of ur eyes...engrossing....and it leaves u stunned...with a void in the heart..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...
      these pieces are out there to fill in those voids only ...which everyone carries...

      Delete
  5. Bu-e-Sharaab Pooncho MaiN Kasho Se
    Ye Paak Baaz Kya jaaane..

    (I don't exactly remember the shair but i think its correct..
    Explanation: "About Smell of Sharaab , ask the one who drinks it (mai-kasho) . Ye paak baaz ( pure hearted ) kya jaane"..)

    Btw nicelu put.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnks for ur words..
      a lil somthng to add by

      usse bicchad kai hum bhi muqaddar kai hogaye ,
      phir jo bhi dar mila hai usi dar kai ho gaye,

      phir yun hua ki ghhair ko dil Sai laga liya,
      andar wo nafratein thin ki baahar kai hoogaye...

      Delete