Monday 16 December 2013

Who am I?





Nor the blazing sun
or the elegant moon,
the one amongst the countless
faceless stars is me

I am not in the band of lovers
or a loved one is me.
Just a passing phase
a stopover to teach or groom,
to learn the secrets of love & life
what to adapt and which to leave,
that’s me.

I am not at peace
nor engaged in a raging war.
A soldier without a battle
My biggest struggle is me.

I don’t have the periods of calm 
nor a great calamity grapples me.
My great depression is just me.

I am not one amongst the poets
or belong from society of philosophers.
I aint a singer or some revolutionary is me.
I am one of the many
who each passing day is manipulated or moved.
One of the thousand faceless in the crowd is me.

The ballad of riches don’t find me
nor poor sit beside me.
Collecting money each moment, each day
just to fill my greedy coffin, that’s me.

I am one of the millions without hope or aim,
I might be an engineer, a doctor, a lawyer, a teacher
or that person standing across drenched in rain.
I am all but I am none,
because this is not what I planned to be.
My great depression is just me.

16 comments:

  1. Beautifully written :) I think we're a different person every single day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank u for ur words... yes we are different people with different ideas and dreams each passing day.....

      Delete
  2. I am not at peace
    nor engaged in a raging war.
    A soldier without a battle
    My biggest struggle is me.
    The ballad of riches don’t find me
    nor poor sit beside me.
    Collecting money each moment, each day
    just to fill my greedy coffin, that’s me. Loved it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u for your kind words...
      do keep visiting this blog for more... appreciation is always welcome

      Delete
  3. Amazing.. honestly did you wrote it down? good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bhai. Its simply awesome... we the mango people...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks brother... to us who are manipulated!!!

      Delete
  5. I am not at peace
    nor engaged in a raging war.
    A soldier without a battle
    My biggest struggle is me.

    Well perhaps defines the mental state of many... beautifully worded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u fir ur kind words, do keep coming here for more...

      Delete
  6. While reading it........ I felt it is written for me
    So loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well its written for those who feel from heart, if u r one then its definitely for u!!!

      Delete
  7. Brilliant! Commendable job! Came to your blog from TAW. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u soo much for ur words. Much appreciated!!

      Delete